Why a home page on the XT600 Yamaha electronic ignition?
Incidentally! Following the third CDI out of order on my motorcycle bought in 1986, I was facing a dilemma… What to do of this worthless bike?
– To throw it !
– Buy a new ignition in a scrapyard? (about 150 €uros, hard to find a working one…)
– Buy a new ignition at 465 €uros? This is approximately what the bike worth!
– A last, a not investigated possibility remained: a DIY CDI! Hence this web site…
I suggest 5 differents ways to build your own CDI, hoping that my experience will be useful for other bikers.
You will need:
- A few mechanical knowledge.
- Electronics skills.
- The Workshop Manual.
- Measure equipment (multimeter, scope 2 channels if possible).