Design to simulate pickup at different RPM to test TCI, CDI, Tachometers, Power valves and ignition coils.
And to extract the advance curve from a Digital TCI or CDI.
- Range 1000 to 12000RPM in 12 steps.
- Simulate a Hall sensor (square +12v signal). Adjustable width from 10 to 60 degrees.
- Imitate a VR (Variable Reluctance AKA Pickup coil) with both polarities: Positive than Negative or the opposite.
- Simulate a rotor bar length that define the delay between first and second sine.
The “length” is adjustable from 10 to 60 degrees.
The most advanced feature!
- With the help of a Capacitive Probe hooked to the sparkplug wire, this tester can time the duration between pickup and spark and display the advance timing of the TCI/CDI under test.
- The start of timing is selectable between First or Second sine.
- Detect RPM limiter
- Can test Digital CDI/TCI (with processor inside)
Cannot test simple analog CDI like GY6 (using only resistors and capacitors) as the advance timing comes mainly from the VR, not from those CDI.
Tester comes along with a simple but useful one way scope!
- Display the pickup signal generated.
- Display the sparkplug signal captured by the capacitive probe.
- Can be used as a simple scope.
- AC Input from 2Vac until 2000Vac. AC only (no DC)
- Scope display voltage and time per division
- Automatic Frequency measurement
- RPM display.
- Display can be freeze with HOLD button in order to analyze, take photo, etc….
- A simple timebase is available to adjust Horizontal position from 0.7ms to 8ms/div
(Zoom IN & OUT buttons)
- Automatic Trigger to stabilize trace.
- Persistence function to show random events or voltage/frequency changes
- Values display can be turned off
- Test pin provide a 100Hz test square signal to test probe and scope.
Warning when applying high voltage:
The PCB ground will be connected to the voltage!
The board MUST be isolated (Use a plastic box)
DON’T touch the input selectors when applying voltage!
ALWAYS disconnect input BEFORE changing sensitivity jumpers.
HIGH VOLTAGE GENERATOR.
Needed to test AC-CDI boxes, this module generate 300Vdc from a 12Vdc battery.
- Output voltage manually adjustable from 100 to 390Vdc
- Output Power: 40W
- Current limiter (4.5A max)
- Short circuit protection
- Over Voltage protection (410v max)
- Conversion efficiency: 88%
- Version 4.0:
- Initial release as an upgrade of Simulator V3.
- Version 4.0: