- Programmable AC-CDI
- For ONE or TWO* cylinders
For [2 strokes engines] and for [4 strokes engines with wasted spark*]
* On 4stk engines with 1 pickup on the crankshaft, one spark occur at compression stroke and one at exhaust stroke. Firing in the exhaust stroke is a wasted spark. Hence the name…
- 80MHz MicroController control unit
- Easy programming with Micro USB Type B connection and terminal console
- Compatible Windows, Linux, Mac
- One programmable ignition timing curve
- Rev from 10 to 30,000 RPM
- 0 deg advance from 1 to 500 RPM (to avoid kickback)
- Adjustable timing in 13 steps from 500 to 20,000RPM
- Soft rev limiter.
- Stator can be half or full rectified (for more power and ground isolation).
- 1 input for an inductive pickup (VR) or Hall type or Points
- Pickup polarity can be set to Positive, Negative or Automatic detection.
- 1 output for a Capacitive coil type.
- Non volatile configuration
- 12v Tachometer output (Even 12v)
- Kill switch input
- Power supply voltage DC 10 to 16 volts
- Current drain: 100mA
- Protected against reverse supply voltage
- Available as a ready-to-use device in the SHOP section
- Dimensions: 100 x 60 x 25mm (3.9 x 2.4 x 1inch)
- Plastic box potted for Electrical insulation, Protecting components from mechanical shock and vibration, thermal shock or Moisture
- 15cm(6”) 1.5mm2(16AWG) wires soldered with 6.3mm automotive female connector
- Source not available
- Made in France
* Twin-cylinders at 360° crankshaft angle:
The engine works with WASTED spark.
If there is ONE twin coil:
=> This AC-CDI works.
See: CDI compatibility
Remember that ignition coils are different from TCI to CDI system
– CDI coils have low inductance and impedance around 0.5-0.8ohm
– TCI coils have higher inductance and impedance around 1-3ohm
Remember there are AC-CDI and DC-CDI…
– 1 input for inductive pickup with 1 signal per crank rev.
– Pickup must puts out 3 to 30Vac
– Points, reluctors, Hall sensor, optical sensors can be used as long as they give only 1 pulse per revolution.
– This CDI is NOT compatible with multi-pulses pickup or missing tooth wheel.
Click here for more info
How to calculate the Pickup Position?
Check the polarity of the pickup (Negative then Positive/NP or the opposite PN) with a Needle galvanometer (in milliAmp position) while kicking.
For a better understanding, this video can help.
The last RPM value you enter is the “rev limit” that stop all sparks.
Terminal consoleClick here for more info
– CoolTerm for Win/Mac/Linux
– Teraterm, Putty, Kitty for Win
– Console commands for Mac:
screen /dev/cn.usbserial-xxxxxxxx 115200 -L
screen /dev/tty.usbserial-xxxxxxxx 115200
– Console commands for Linux:
3 ways to find the COM-port:
tail -f /var/log/syslog | grep USB
dmesg | egrep --color 'serial|ttyS'
stty -a </dev/ttyUSB0
stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 cs8 115200 time 10
cat /dev/ttyUSB0 & cat > /dev/ttyUSB0
PHOTOS.Click here for more info
VIDEOSClick here for more info
Connection to the box:
Setup a ignition timing:
Change the ignition timing:
Test of an ACCDIv10:
ACCDIv10 powered by AC2DCCDI (DC converter)
VERSIONSClick here for more info
- Version v10r0c0:
- First Version.
- 5 seconds temporization to detect console.
- Wires come out at 90degrees.
- LED on the length side.
- Version v10r1c0:
- Automatic detection of the console.
- Wires come out at 180degrees.
- Stator can be half or full rectified.
- Version v10r2c0:
- Square +12v Tachometer output.